Why Curb Appeal is Important to the Sale of Your Home
When it comes to selling just about anything, it's all about presentation and price. Homes are no different. Personally I don't care to work around the yard. I would rather do just about anything before cutting the lawn or maintaining a garden. It's just not my thing so I know first hand that maintaining or creating curb appeal is not easy, but the real estate person in me knows it is essential for a quick sale at a higher price.
The Curb Appeal of your home is your first foot forward. Having great curb appeal will result in more money and/or a quicker sale. That makes it worth paying attention to!
What is Curb Appeal? It is the attractiveness of your home on the outside, as seen from the road. In other words the first impression. When you hear people say, "I've always wanted to see that house", I think, that's the best definition of curb appeal!
Even though Curb Appeal will vary for each individual style and location of home, there are similar principals that apply.
Tips for creating Curb Appeal.
- Maintanence. Number one on the Curb Appeal hit parade is maintenance. The condition of the roof, siding and walkways as well as a mature well kept lawn is key.
- Evaluate, Clean or Replace any thing that looks old or dingy. This will include anything from paint and siding, to cutting back shrubs, evaluating lighting, walk way and driveway.
- Consider Design and current trends in shrubbery and paint color, and lighting. Evaluate the placement of lawn ornaments, furniture, plantings or even a mailbox.
- Architectural Detail. Do you need to eliminate or add something that will bring out the period detail in your home such as shutters or window boxes, a front porch swing or rocker?
- Enhance Color with use of plantings or accenting the front porch or door.
- Consider the season. The snowflake flag in summer needs to go. :)
Curb Appeal is important! It takes work, but it will pay off in a quicker sale with likely a higher price. And, who doesn't want to have the prettiest home on the street?
When selling your home, you want someone to say while driving by your home,
"Honey, Stop the Car!"
Carol-Ann Palmieri is a full time Real Estate professional in Massachusetts for the past 25 years along with her partner Al Mussi have helped literally hundreds of families find, sell or purchase new places to live.
A former US Marine, she grew up in Walpole, MA... is committed to the serving the community through various volunteer opportunities. She attended MA Bay Community and Suffolk University and is committed to constantly updating her Real Estate education.
Licensed in MA and RI...
Al and Cal's primary areas of service Franklin, Bellingham, Medway, Millis, Medfield, Norfolk, Wrentham, Plainville, Blackstone, Walpole, Milford, Holliston, Hopkinton, Mansfield, and Foxboro, North Attleboro, Norwood, Hopedale, Mendon, Millville but have resourses to help anyone, anywhere....
Their mission.... To exceed your expectations!